Kimo: Remember that da Food Lady (Skeezix'a mom) hadded an art exhibit recently?
Sabi: Well, we went to go see it - da week before da beans all gotted sick. Of course, we don't want you to think there is any link between them gitten' sick and seeing da exhibit. Although, when you look at da photos, you can see sisser was probably already gittin' sick - she didn't look her typical perky self.
Kimo: Here I am wif my sisser - we really liked da Food Lady's art werk - it is even better in real life.
Sabi: And here I an wif my sisser too - we both hadded to look up high to see da art cuz, well, . . . we is down low.
Kimo: If you go to Skeezix's post about da Food Lady's exhibit, you will learn lots about da site - da grate Marin Civic Center, . . . but did you know . . .
1. Mommakitty grew up near da Marin Civic Center and would visit it often.
2. It is where da Marin County Library is - on da highest 4th floor.
3. Mommakitty still gots her library card from when she wuz a little gurl. She gotted this card in da THIRD GRADE! That makes it like . . . an antique!
4. The library still gots a "Book Mobile" - a mobile library that goes to yer neighborhood to bring you books - WHUT SERVICE!
5. Mommakitty gotted to view da famous "San Quentin Six" trial at the Civic Center courthouse. It wuz dubbed da longest trial ever.
6. Mommakitty and her brother hadded their high school graduation ceremonies at the center's Vet's Memorial building next door. It is also a performing arts center.
7. Mommakitty gotted to see a presentation about tensegrity structures by da grate Buckminster Fuller in this building.
8. Mommakitty learned how to sail at the Civic Center lagoon - yep, there's a lagoon!
9. Da lagoon area is also where the Marin County Fair is held each year, and many other art festivals.
10. When Mommakitty wuz a little gurl, there used to be paddle boats fer rent at da lagoon - not any more. It is infested wif pooping water foul.
11. Mommakitty has been to small claims court at da Civic Center - she won.
12. Mommakitty and Daddykitty gotted their marriage license at da Civic Center.
13. Da Food Lady's art werk is displayed in da Board of Supervisor's wing on da third floor. But there wuz nobody supervising her werk when we wuz there. If we'd been art theeves, we would have hit da jackpot!
Kimo: If you want to learn more technical stuff about da Marin CIvic Center, you should read Skeezix's post again. It's furry informative. You wil learn about da architecture and stuff.
Sabi: If you want to learn about da Food Lady's art exhibit, you will have to contact Skeezix.