Thursday, July 20, 2006

Famous Cat Parents . . .

K: Did you know the actress / model Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962) was a mommakitty? She . . .

S: . . . had a Persian can named Mitsou in the 1950's.

K: How did you know . . .

S: What? You don't think don’t I know stuff like this? I listen when our Mommakitty and Daddykitty talk about this stuff. You know, you should try listening more often!

K: Did you know about Edgar Allan . . .

S: Poe? Duh! He was a great American poet, critic, and story-writer (1809-1849). He had several cats, which he loved, however this didn't keep him from portraying cats as sinister portents or familiars, or even nemesis in several of his horror stories. He used his tortoiseshell cat, Catarina, as the inspiration for one of his darkets tales, The Black Cat.

K: Have been taking vitamins lately?

S: What are you implying? I simply listen, even when I’m napping . . . which by the way, I’m ready for a nap right now!

K: I’m meowless.

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

No comments: