Saturday, July 08, 2006


Homemade Cat Toys!

K: Hey Sabi - this is your area of expertise!

S: Oh Yeah! I love homemade cat toys - there are so many . . . My FAVORITE cat toy is the one that Mommakitty knitted for me. It's a chainlink of different colors. This thing NEVER falls apart, and it's big enough that it doesn't get lost under the couch or kitchen island. And I LOVE the smell!

K: It must be the yarn - some wool yarns made of natural fibers can have the same effect as catnip. And it's great that it didn't cost much (made from yarn scraps) - and she made it just for you!

S: Did you say cat nip?! Oh man - I LOVE catnip - hey lets . . .

K: Not today - I'll never get you back on track. You know, I've never been as excited about that toy as you. You look so goofy when you throw it in the air and catch it. Maybe it's not cool enough for me.

S: Well, you just sit there and keep lookin' cool. Different strokes for different folks. Now, where's that toy . . .

K: This is Purl, the cat mascot at Knitterly - that's where Mommakitty gets her yarn. LOVE the outfit Purl!

"Cats do not need to be shown a good time, for they are unfailingly ingenious in that respect." James Mason

No comments: